Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Surfing, Disasters, and Hikes. Welcome to the Beach!

We went back down to OC for a long weekend and had quite an interesting trip. Surfing the first morning turned out to be a disaster. To make a long story short, I crashed trying to catch a huge wave (ok, it wasn't that big, but for me, anything that projects above the surface is huge) and my board broke my nose. Tons of blood, getting me and my board back to shore, the whole beach staring, the sight of my nose deformed and off to the side, wondering if I will ever look decent again, trying to reset it, and explaining the story to Wes' whole family including all his nephews (and a few extra times for his adorable niece who kept asking about it), while trying to recover at my in-laws' house made for an interesting day.

After that, Wes decided hiking was a better idea for a Utah girl, so hiking we did. One hike above town (you can see the whole city behind me) and one beach hike. Wes was really cute too because I used to have to fend for myself (3 mile hike on a rugged Kauai coast our honeymoon with a broken toe? ya.) but this time, he helped me up and down the rocks and steep places and kept saying, "if you don't feel comfortable, don't do it." Basically, we were both glad my face wasn't permanently disfigured.

These are just some pretty pictures of our adventures. 
Wes is determined to keep me out of the water from now on, but hopefully someday I will make my big comeback!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! You poor thing! I am glad you are okay but that is scary. Your pictures of the beach are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart! You guys and your adventures...if anyone could look gorgeous with a broken nose, it would be you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! A broken nose??!! Ouch. You look beautiful in the pictures as always!

    ReplyDelete